DBM in a Natural Carrier Designed to Provide Preferred Handling and Growth Factors.
Shaping the Future of DBM
The natural quality of the carrier and its containment and handling characteristics enable the surgeon to mold it to surgical sites, even in the presence of excessive fluids and under lavage.
InterGro DBM Fibers are composed of 100% Demineralized human cortical bone fibers and offer both osteoconductive and osteoinductive properties. Upon re-hydration the graft becomes flexible and moldable allowing it to be conveniently placed into bony voids or gaps that have been surgically created, or for filling osseous defects in non-weight bearing applications.
- The carrier used in InterGro DBM is composed primarily of phosphatidylcholine, commonly referred to as lecithin. Lecithin is 100% natural, derived from soybeans, absorbed by the human body, and is key component of cell membranes.
- InterGro DBM is stored at room temperature and is available as a 40% DBM putty, 35% DBM paste, or a 35% DBM PLUS pre-mixed with Pro Osteon® 500R granules. Because InterGro DBM is non-water soluble, it resists lavage/irrigation.
- Each lot of InterGro DBM is validated for osteoinductivity (OI) via the "C2C12" assay. This ensures that only lots with verified OI are released. The lecithin carrier helps to keep the DBM in situ as compared to DBM alone.1
Optimized Active DBM Content
- To further enhance the osteoinductive response, the DBM content within the InterGro product has been optimized. The Nimni study2 showed a 60/40 ratio optimized ALP activity.
0.5cc, 1cc, 2cc, 5cc 35% DBM content by weight.
10cc 40% DBM content by weight.
2cc, 5cc, 10cc 35% DBM content by weight and premixed with resorbable coralline hydroxyapatite/calcium carbonate granules.
2cc, 5cc, 10cc, supplied in an open bore syringe.
The ZimVie Spine Biologics portfolio encompasses a full range of bone graft materials to suit a variety of surgical needs.
Puros® DBM with Reverse Phase Medium
With a variety of options, the Puros family of products can stimulate natural bone formation and assist in the healing process. Used alone or as a bone graft extender, Puros DBM allografts provide osteoconductive and osteoinductive properties, convenient handling and graft containment, and are provided ready to use.
- Han B, Tang B, Nimni ME. Combined effects of phosphatidylcholine and demineralized bone matrix on bone induction. Connect Tissue Res. 2003;44(3–4):160–6.
- Han B, Tang B, Nimni ME. Quantitative and sensitive in vitro assay for osteoinductive activity of demineralized bone matrix. J Orthop Res. 2003;21(4):648–54.
- Data on File. Internal Test Report TR-0428.
- Martin GJ Jr, Boden SD, Titus L, Scarborough NL. New formulations of demineralized bone matrix as a more effective graft alternative in experimental posterolateral lumbar spine arthrodesis. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1999 Apr 1;24(7):637-45
Zimmer Biomet Spine, Inc.
10225 Westmoor Dr.
Westminster, CO 80021 USA